10 compositions of norwegian contemporary composers played by pianist Tori Stødle.
Sheet music available.
Studies of existing teaching aids for piano reveals that the conditions for contemporary music are neglected. With the exeption of a very few books, most of the teaching aids on the market do not adequatly facilitate the needs of modern litterature. It is far between pieces that contain other qualities than those represented by the romantic pianotraditions.
EPTA – Norway wants to contribute to this by giving students on the intermediate level new pieces to play. The Norwegian Council for Cultural Affairs has contributed to realize these ideas. 10 Norwegian composers accepted the challenge.
– Maja Solveig Kjelstrup Ratkje: Rag-sonata
– Ketil Vea: Moments
– Eyvind Solås: Invensjon og koral
– Trygve Madsen: Andante Cantabile
– Bjørn Kruse: Kontinuum
– Magne Hegdal: Spill
– Eivind Buene: 4 miniatyrer
– Wolfgang Plagge: Dyriske stykker
– Synne Skouen: Vent!
– Terje Bjørklund: Intermezzo