GISLE KVERNDOKK: Symphonic Dances
Based on folk tunes from theStavanger area, anno 2014
Norway, Sweden, Poland, Greece, Kurdistan, Madagascar,
Eritrea, China, Afghanistan, Iran, Cuba and Venezuela.
STUDY SCORE (N.M.O. 14363A)
Orchestral material available on hire
Commissioned by the Stavanger Symphony Orchestra on the occasion
of the Constitution Jubilee 2014 with the support of the Arts Council Norway.
1. The Sorrow of Loneliness (Den sørgelige ensomheten), Melodies from Afghanistan, Kurdistan and Venezuela
2. Waltz (Vals), Melodies from Madagascar, Norway, Sweden and China
3. Songs about the Sea (Sanger om havet), Melodies from Greece, Iran and China
4. Dance in the Night (Dans om natten), Melodies from Kurdistan, Poland and Venezuela
5. Weddings and Funerals (Bryllup og begravelser), Melodies from Madagascar, Cuba, Sweden and Eritrea.
Duration: ca 35 min
Avisoppslag i Klassekampen, 18.11.2018: